Population living below international poverty line
- Muslim 51.6%
- Roman Catholic 11.2%
- Other Christian 35.7%
- Traditional 0.9%
Estimated people living with HIV
Estimated adult (15-49 years) prevalence
Incidence rate per 1 000 uninfected population
- Men who have sex with men 9%
- Sex workers 2%
Spring of Life Counseling Centre (Egbe Reproductive Health Community Counselling)
Spring of Life Counseling Center is an approved site of the National Agency for Control of Aids (NACA) for Antiretroviral therapy, and is actively involved in disease prevention and management. Spring of Life offers preventative services and holistic ministry to people living with HIV. The centre assists with screening, including pre and post-test counselling.
Additionally, Spring of Life provides community training, education, and home care, with current areas of focus including:
- Raising awareness of HIV amongst young people using a Biblical behaviour change approach, delivered through peer education methodologies
- Community mobilisation and advocacy for reduced stigma and discrimination towards those living with and affected by HIV.
- Referral support for patients, ensuring access to ongoing and follow-up counselling
- Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT)
- Exploration of support for expansion of program services beyond Egbe village
- Training of volunteers from church agencies to provide Home Based Care
- Mobile Voluntary HIV Counselling and Testing services to surrounding areas.
Find out more at http://egbehospital.org/spring-of-life-counseling-center/ or https://web.facebook.com/springoflifeegbe
Want to know more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Faith Alive Hospital
Faith Alive Hospital began as a small clinic for HIV/AIDS patients and is now a three-storey hospital that serves over 10,000 patients per month with various medical problems, as well as providing ongoing care for HIV/AIDS patients, maternity services and surgeries. All medical care is offered free of charge, relying on local Nigerian doctors to volunteer time outside of their regular jobs at other hospitals, as well as available missionary medical personnel.
Want to know more? Contact email@example.com